Enjoy our beautiful clean and plant-based cauliflower mash, decorated with apples and brussels sprouts before taking a bite! It truly looks like a work of art. One ready take a bite and be surprised by the taste of cherries, taken to the next level with a hint of rosemary and garlic.
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 25-30 minutes / Serves: 4
Ingredients 1 medium cauliflower head, roughly chopped 2 Gala apples, roughly chopped 2 large shallots, roughly chopped 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, minced 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1 lbs. Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved 2 garlic cloves, finely minced 1 c. fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped 2 T. half & half 2 T. unsalted butter ½ c. pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Add the cauliflower, apple, shallots, rosemary leaves, and one tablespoon olive oil to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3. Spread the cauliflower mixture into a uniform single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until the cauliflower is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes fragrant, approximately 30 seconds. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring only occasionally, until they become golden brown and crispy, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Add the fresh cherries and cook, stirring frequently, until just heated through, approximately 2 minutes.
6. Once the cauliflower is done, transfer the roasted veggies to a large mixing bowl. Add half & half and unsalted butter and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Set aside.
7. Spread the warm cauliflower and apple mash on the bottom of a large serving dish or bowl. Top with the crispy Brussels sprouts, warm cherries, and chopped pistachios before serving. Enjoy!
Kate & Crew
Keepin’ It Simple and Tasty in the Kitchen with
Meal Plans to Get Organized and
Recipes to Say WOW!!!