Clean eats from farmers' market finds! This tasty homemade recipe is not your ordinary cauliflower dish. If you are looking for a vegan or vegetarian, plant-based side dish, add this to your meal plan. It does not just taste great, it is food art, decorated with apples, cherries, brussels sprouts. Take a bite and be surprised with a hint of rosemary and garlic.
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 25-30 minutes / Serves: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25-30 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients 1 medium cauliflower head, roughly chopped
2 Gala apples, roughly chopped
2 large shallots, roughly chopped
1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, minced
2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lbs. Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 c. fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
2 T. half & half (coconut cream, for vegan version)
2 T. unsalted butter (2 T. olive oil for vegan version)
½ c. pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Add the cauliflower, apple, shallots, rosemary leaves, and one tablespoon olive oil to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3. Spread the cauliflower mixture into a uniform single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until the cauliflower is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
5. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring only occasionally, until they become golden brown and crispy, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add the fresh cherries and cook, stirring frequently, until just heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Once the cauliflower is done, transfer the roasted veggies on the baking sheet to a large mixing bowl. Add half-and-half (or coconut cream) and butter (or remaining olive oil). Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mash with a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Set aside.
7. Spread the warm cauliflower and apple mash on the bottom of a large serving dish or bowl. Top with the crispy Brussels sprouts, warm cherries, and chopped pistachios before serving.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat
If you love this recipe, please share it!
Explore our collections of fresh meal plans and tasty recipes by clicking the image below.