Enjoy this delicious Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cake. In this recipe, I use almond flour as opposed to basic white flour. The lemon and figs combine to create a sensually delicious taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 18-22 minutes / Serves: 4
Non-stick cooking spray
2 large eggs
¼ c. honey, preferably local
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
2 t. organic lemon zest
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1¼ c. almond flour
½ t. baking powder
¼ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1/3 c. chopped figs
For Serving, Combine
½ c. Mascarpone cheese
2 T. honey, preferably local
Note - If desired, you can also serve with Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 4 cups in a jumbo muffin tin with some non-stick spray. Set aside.
Note: You can also use a smaller muffin tin to make 6-8 cakes, if preferred. For smaller cakes, check for doneness after 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue stirring until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
4. Stir chopped figs into the batter until thoroughly incorporated. Divide batter among the 4 jumbo muffin cups and place the pre-heated oven to bake until the cakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 18-22 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve immediately with some honey-sweetened mascarpone cheese and homemade vanilla fig jam, if desired. Enjoy!
Kate & Crew
Keepin’ It Simple and Tasty in the Kitchen with
Meal Plans to Get Organized and
Recipes to Say WOW!!!