Want to avoid the double dip issue at your next party? Whip up these individual dip cups and serve them with celery or chips. They will go great on a picnic, as a snack for family movie night or game night, or as a make-ahead lunch. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: na / Yields 12 appetizer cups
This recipe yields 12 individual servings. To scale, use approximately two tablespoons each of refried beans, guacamole, and Greek yogurt per 5-oz. appetizer cup. Then top each cup with chopped 3-4 cherry or grape tomatoes, one tablespoon cheese, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
To make this low-carb, substitute cut bell peppers or celery for the chips.
2 large ripe avocados 2 large cloves fresh garlic, finely minced 2 T. fresh lime juice Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste
1½ c. plain Greek yogurt 2 t. chili powder 1 t. ground cumin 1 t. garlic powder Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste 1½ c. refried beans 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped small 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese blend, (or Mexican blend) 15-oz. black olives, chopped small, from a can or fresh olive bar 3 large green onions, green parts only, sliced thin To Serve: Tortilla chips or celery sticks, washed and cut
(can also use pretzel sticks or bell peppers)
1. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl. Add garlic and lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a fork until thoroughly blended and smooth. Cover tightly and set aside
2. Add the plain Greek yogurt, chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder to a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. To assemble, add approximately two tablespoons refried beans to the bottom of each cup with a small spoon, followed by a layer of guacamole and the seasoned Greek yogurt (two tablespoons each), in each cup.
4. Finish each cup with a layer of chopped tomatoes (roughly 3-4 per cup), followed by one tablespoon finely shredded Mexican cheese blend, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
5. Garnish each cup with a blue tortilla chip, if desired, and serve immediately with additional tortilla chips on the side.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat
If you love this recipe, please share it!
Explore our collections of fresh meal plans and tasty recipes by clicking the image below.