This is a great idea for a family movie or game night. As written, this recipe yields 12 individual servings. To scale this recipe, use approximately two tablespoons each of refried beans, guacamole, and Greek yogurt per 5-oz. appetizer cup. Then top each cup with chopped 3-4 cherry or grape tomatoes, one tablespoon cheese, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices. Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: na / Yields 12 appetizer cups
2 large ripe avocados 2 large cloves fresh garlic, finely minced 2 T. fresh lime juice Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste
1½ c. plain Greek yogurt 2 t. chili powder 1 t. ground cumin 1 t. garlic powder Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste 1½ c. refried beans* 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped small 1 c. 4-cheese Mexican blend, finely shredded 15-oz. black olives, chopped small, from a can or fresh olive bar 3 large green onions, green parts only, sliced thin To serve: Tortilla chips or celery Sticks, washed and cut
1. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl. Add garlic and lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a fork until thoroughly blended and smooth. Cover tightly and set aside
2. Add the plain Greek yogurt, chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder to a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. To assemble, add approximately two tablespoons refried beans to the bottom of each cup with a small spoon, followed by a layer of guacamole and the seasoned Greek yogurt (two tablespoons each), in each cup.
4. Finish each cup with a layer of chopped tomatoes (roughly 3-4 per cup), followed by one tablespoon finely shredded Mexican cheese blend, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
5. Garnish each cup with a blue tortilla chip, if desired, and serve immediately with additional tortilla chips on the side. Enjoy!
Kate & Crew
Keepin’ It Simple and Tasty in the Kitchen with
Meal Plans to Get Organized and
Recipes to Say WOW!!!